Women 4 Cancer Early Detection and Treatment is an NGO formed in 2012 to raise public
awareness of the benefits of early testing, and facilitate early detection and treatment, to
reduce the prevalence of cancer.
Our Vision is a Kenya where every woman can access cervical cancer screening
- Awareness talks reaching over 15,000 people in different parts of the country
- Held screening Medical Camps in various counties with overwhelming attendance
- Screened 2500+ Women with free pap smear tests
- Treatment through non-surgical intervention for over 120 Women
- Facilitated full surgical cervical cancer treatment for 6 women in need. 15 others require urgent assistance.
- Involved in the Ministry of Health HPV screening Pilot Initiative in Kitui
- Media for Awareness Campaigns through TV, Print, Online & Radio
- Trained 73 Cancer Advocates
- Mandated to champion the Kenya Chapter of the Globeathon Walk since 2013
- Completed our 5 Year Strategic Plan 2014 – 2018
Key Facts about Cervical Cancer [WHO 2012]
- Cervical cancer is caused by infection with Human papilloma virus (HPV)
- Cervical cancer screening is the testing for pre-cancer and cancer of women at risk,
most of whom will be without symptoms.
- Screening is recommended for every woman at least once in a life time at a minimum
- Early detection and treatment of precancerous lesions can prevent the majority of
- Survival rates for cervical cancer are further improved by establishing effective cancer
treatment and patient follow up programmes.
Partner With us.
We rely on well-wishers to support our work through:
– Cancer Awareness Talks – In-Kind Donations of Medical Equipment / Expertise
– Cash Donations – Fundraising Events and Medical Camps
With your continued support, we are targeting to facilitate and ensure that Cervical Cancer early detection and treatment is accessible to at least 1 million women in 10 years.
We are inviting you for the 4th Annual Globeathon Walk to be held on 2nd October 2016 at Karura Forest.
Women 4 Cancer Early Detection & Treatment
Biblica Center, Dennis Pritt Rd
Phone: +254 (20) 261 8996 | Mobile: +254 717 117 446
P.O. Box 13263 – 00100, Nairobi – Kenya
Twitter: @women4Cancer | Facebook: Women4Cancer| Instagram: Women4Cancer